Scuba diving courses for beginners
PADI Open Water Diver Course is one of the best selling scuba diving courses on the planet and the first step into the underwater world!
Hundreds of people from around the globe have taken this Learn to dive course at Seashell Dive Centre in Malta and gone on to discover the magnificent life hidden under the sea.
This 3-4 day diving course provides you with a lifetime PADI Open Water Diver licence which certifies you to dive up to 18 meters anywhere in the world. It gives you the opportunity to meet new diving buddies, learn new skills and discover the 71% of our world which is hidden below the water.
All the content, certificates, e-learning materials, that will be provided to you during our PADI courses, come directly from PADI. Our Instructors are PADI professionals. Furthermore, we hold a number of PADI awards for consistently outstanding service.
The PADI Open Water course consists of three main elements:
PADI Open Water course theory
There are two ways of studying the theory for this course:
- PADI Open Water Diver e-learning (recommended): the price for your Open Water course with this option is €440.00. This allows students to study and understand the diving theory at their own pace using PADIs online or offline technology prior to arriving at the dive centre. The Open Water e-Learning is available in English, Chinese, French, German, Russian, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, Korean, Japanese, Portuguese, Polish, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Arabic, Norwegian, Thai, Swedish, Turkish languages.
- Classroom learning: The full PADI Open Water course with this option will cost you €460.00 per person. Students spend time in the classroom watching the PADI training DVD and reading their PADI Open Water manual (included in the price) while raising any queries they might have with the supervising instructor.
PADI Open Water Diver confined water training
The confined water sessions teach you the essential skills you need to have in order to become a confident and safe diver. These are taught at a maximum depth of four meters where the instructor describes and demonstrates each skill, which you will need to repeat in turn until you have them fully mastered.
PADI Open Water Diver course open water dives
Once the skills and theory have been mastered, you are ready to take your first of four open water dives. It is here that you will truly appreciate the value of being able to discover life under the sea. Each dive will increase in depth, ensuring you build your confidence with every dive you do.
Through our PADI Instructors passionate teaching and the friendly atmosphere at the dive centre, we can ensure you will have the best diving experience where every student gets personal attention. With good visibility, very little underwater current and over 300 days of sunshine a year, the Maltese waters are the perfect place to learn to dive and so is Seashell Dive Centre.
Day 1 - training and theory
The morning begins by learning the basics of diving theory, then, after a break for lunch, we start the confined water training in the afternoon, teaching you some basic skills in the bay.
*eLearning students proceed with the briefing and confined water training on the first day.
Day 2 - 2 open water dives
After getting the grips with the theory, equipment and basic skills, you are now ready to take your first two dives in the morning. You will then have the afternoon free to relax at your hotel and relive the excitement of your first diving experience.
Day 3 - 2 open water dives
Now your confidence has been boosted from the previous days diving experience, you will do two more dives at new and exciting dive sites. In the afternoon you will sit an exam (classroom students) to ensure you have mastered the theory of diving and the all-important safety aspects involved.
Day 4 - fine tuning & paperwork & exam for classroom-based students
- No previous experience necessary
- To be in reasonable health
- PADI Minimum age is 10 years (Junior Open Water Diver)
- Under 18s must have parental consent
- All necessary equipment
- Instructor tuition (available in various languages)
- Return transport to and from your accommodation in Cirkewwa, Ramla Bay, Mellieha areas
- Road transport to the dive sites and back
- PADI Open Water certification
- PADI E-Learning (*PADI Open Water Manual is only required for the classroom-based method of theory training)
- High-quality diving Logbook
We start Open Water courses daily: Monday - Saturday