Scuba diving courses for children (10-15 years)
This is one of the most popular PADI courses which introduces kids to the amazing life of being a scuba diver. This course will allow them to discover the 71% of the world that is hidden below sea level and which most people never get to explore.
This 3-4 day PADI Junior Open Water Course provides a lifetime qualification which certifies kids to dive up to 18 meters anywhere in the world (12m for 10 - 12-year-olds). It gives them the opportunity to meet new diving buddies, learn new skills and embark upon a much loved lifelong hobby.
The Open Water course consists of three main elements: theory, confined water training and 4 training open water dives.
There are two ways of studying the theory for this course:
- E-learning (online or offline): The Open Water course with this option will cost you €420.00. This allows students to study and understand scuba diving theory at their own pace using PADIs online or offline technology prior to arriving at the dive centre. The Open Water eLearning is available in English, French, German, Russian, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, Korean, Japanese, Portuguese, Polish, Arabic languages.
- Classroom learning: The full Open Water course with this option will cost you €435.00 per person. Students spend time in the classroom watching the PADI training DVD and reading their PADI manual (included) while raising any queries they might have with the supervising instructor.
Confined water training
These sessions take place in the shallow waters of the bay at a maximum depth of four meters, situated right outside our dive centre. Here the children will be taught the essential skills needed in order to become a confident and safe diver. Our professional instructors will describe and demonstrate each skill which students need to repeat in turn until they have them fully mastered.
Open water dives
Now they are ready to take their first of four open water dives where they will truly appreciate the wonders of being able to discover life under the sea. Each dive will increase in depth, ensuring that they build their confidence with every dive they do.
Through our instructors passionate teaching and the friendly atmosphere at the dive centre, we can ensure your children will have the best diving experience where every student gets personal attention and won't be able to wait to jump in the water again.
- No previous experience necessary
- To be in reasonable health
- Minimum age of 10 years
- Must have parental consent
We have included everything necessary for your child to become PADI Open water Diver in our rates):
- All necessary equipment
- Instructor tuition in Malta throughout the course
- Transport from and to your local accommodation (Mellieha, Ramla, Cirkewwa areas)
- PADI Manual / ELearning (depending on the theory training method chosen)
- PADI Certification card
- High-quality Seashell Logbook
Daily: Monday to Saturday
- decide on the training method
- enquire availability via emal and fix a date
- pay deposit online