One of the most commonly asked questions after a dive is “What was that fish?” If you want to be the scuba diver with the answers rather than the one with the questions, then take this Fish Identification Specialty course.
This one day course involves two open water dives where you will learn how to identify the characteristics of local fish families and species, fish survey techniques and strategies and all about Project AWARE activities that can help protect aquatic life.
A butterfly fish in the Caribbean has a similar shape to a butterfly fish in Southeast Asia but colors and markings may be wildly different. If you know what fish family it belongs to you can easily look up the local name or at least be able to intelligently ask the local scuba instructor what you saw.
Your enjoyment of dives will massively increase when you can begin to recognize the creatures that you see and can identify the main fish families and their characteristics so go ahead and come to learn how to identify exactly what you see.
- PADI Open Water Diver or equivalent
- To be in reasonable health
- Minimum age of 10 years
- Under 18s must have parental consent
- Instructor tuition
- Full mandatory equipment hire
- Return transport to and from your accommodation in Mellieha, Buggiba, St. Paul's Bay, Ramla, Xemxija, Cirkewwa areas
- Road transport to the dive site and back
- PADI Manual
- PADI Certification card
How to book:
- enquire availability via email and fix a date
- pay deposit online