If you loose something from shore, dock or boat you need to recover it. The Search and Recovery Diver Course teaches you all you need to know about searching and recovering a small, large, heavy or just awkward item from the sea bed. The Search and Recovery Course can be challenging but very fun and exciting.
This course teaches you different methods on searching, improving your chances to find what you are looking for.
To sign up for this course you need to be at least 12 years old and be an Advanced Open Water Diver. If you are an Open Water Diver and have an Underwater Navigator certificate you can also sign up for the Search and Recovery course.
With one of the Instructors you will learn some theory before you get in the water.
Gathering information and carefully planning your search with the available resources are the first important steps you learn.
During four scuba dives you’ll practice
- Swimming search patterns using your compass and natural navigation.
- Locating large and small objects using various search patterns.
- Using a lift bag for large or heavy objects, plus other recovery methods.
- Planning a search operation based on facts gathered about a lost object prior to the dive
At the end of the course you will sit for a final exam to make sure you have understood all the concepts of your course. The Search and Recovery Course takes between 2 and 3 days.
So if you enjoy looking for sunken goods or would want to be ready to recover anything that has gone down below contact Seashell Diving Centre to book your course today.
- Instructor tuition in Malta
- Return transport to dive school (from Mellieha, Xemxija, St. Pauls Bay, Bugibba areas)
- Return transport to dive sites
- PADI certification card
- PADI Manual book
Equipment can be hired at a cost of €10.00 per dive