This course is aimed at those who want to learn to scuba dive but are short on time, have a lower budget or who wish to learn with young children as a family.
There is a mixture of theory, skills and open water dives which are all counted towards a lifetime qualification certifying you to dive anywhere in the world up to 12 meters under an instructors supervision.
The PADI Scuba Diver course can count towards approximately half of the PADI Open Water course should you wish to continue your scuba diving education at a later date. The whole course takes about two days to complete, where all essential diving equipment is included.
First element - Theory:
- E-learning (online or offline): The Scuba Diver cousre with this method of theory training will cost you €265.00. This allows students to study and understand diving theory at their own pace using PADIs online or offline technology prior to arriving at the dive center. The Scuba Diver eLearning is available in English, French, German, Russian, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, Korean, Japanese, Portuguese, Polish, Arabic languages.
Second element - Confined Water training:
The confined water sessions teach you the essential skills you need to have in order to become a confident and safe diver. These are taught at a maximum depth of four meters where the instructor describes and demonstrates each skill which you will need to repeat in turn until you have them fully mastered.
Third element - Open water dives:
Once the skills and theory have been mastered, you are ready to take your 2 open water dives. It is here that you will truly appreciate the value of being able to discover life under the sea. Second dive will increase in depth, ensuring you build your confidence.
Through our instructors passionate teaching and the friendly atmosphere at the dive center, we can ensure you will have the best diving experience where every student gets personal attention. With good visibility, very little underwater current and over 300 days of sunshine a year, the Maltese waters are the perfect place to learn to dive and so is Seashell Dive Center.
Day 1 - Training and theory
eLearning students proceed with the briefing and confined water training on the first day.
Day 2 - 2 x open water dives
After getting the grips with the theory, equipment and basic skills, you are now ready to take your two open water dives in the morning. You will then have the afternoon free to relax at your hotel and relive the excitement of your first diving experience.
- No previous experience necessary
- To be in reasonable health (take a look at the standard Medical form. To those who answer "yes" to any of the listed questions, have any known medical conditions or above 65 years of age: please ensure you have a signed doctors certificate with you upon arrival to confirm that you are fit to dive)
- Minimum age of 10 years (Junior Scuba Diver)
- Minimum age of 15 years (adults)
- Under 18s must have parental consent
- All necessary equipment
- Instructor tuition (Theory + Confined water training + 2 Open water divers)
- Return transport from your accommodation in Cirkewwa, Ramla, Mellieha, Buggiba, St. Paul's Bay, Ramla, Xemxija, Cirkewwa areas
- Road transport to the dive sites
- PADI Certification card
- PADI Manual (*only for classrom-based method of theory training)
- High-quality Seashell Log book
How to book:
- decide on training method (online or in classroom)
- enquire availability via email and fix a date
- pay deposit online