Are you a keen snorkeller who is no longer satisfied merely observing from above? Perhaps you are a fan of Sir David Attenborough’s Blue Planet series and wish to learn to scuba dive and experience the varied and diverse wonders the seas can offer? Have you ever wished to take a scuba diving course and experience true weightlessness with the freedom to move as you wish in three dimensions? Have you been thinking about pursuing a diving license but are not sure how to find the best scuba diving school?
If you answered yes to any of the above, do not hesitate and BOOK NOW. With Malta having yet again been crowned the second best diving destination Worldwide, but with the convenience of a European location, there is no better time or place to get scuba certified and learn the basics of this transformative sport, than with PADI Open Water Diver course at our PADI scuba diving school.
PADI Open Water Diver
PADI Open Water Diver Course is one of the best selling scuba diving courses on the planet and the first step into the underwater world.
Hundreds of people from around the globe have taken this learn to dive course for complete beginners at Seashell Dive Centre in Malta and gone on to discover the magnificent life hidden under the sea.
This 3-4 day diving course provides you with a lifetime PADI Open Water Diver licence which certifies you to dive up to 18 meters anywhere in the world. It gives you the opportunity to meet new diving buddies, learn new skills and discover the 71% of our world which is hidden below water.
All the content, certificates, e-learning materials, that will be provided to you during your PADI courses, come directly from PADI. Our Instructors are PADI professional and some of them hold prestigious PADI awards.
The PADI Open Water course consists of three main elements:
PADI Open Water course theory:
There are two ways of studying the theory for this course:
- PADI Open Water Diver E-learning (online or offline): The price for Open Water course with this option is €420.00. This allows students to study and understand diving theory at their own pace using PADIs online or offline technology prior to arriving at the dive center. The Open Water eLearning is available in English, French, German, Russian, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, Korean, Japanese, Portuguese, Polish, Arabic languages.
- Classroom learning: The full PADI Open Water course with this option will cost you €435.00 per person. Students spend time in the classroom watching the PADI training DVD and reading their PADI Open Water manual (included in the price) while raising any queries they might have with the supervising instructor.
PADI Open Water Diver confined water training:
The confined water sessions teach you the essential skills you need to have in order to become a confident and safe diver. These are taught at a maximum depth of four meters where the instructor describes and demonstrates each skill which you will need to repeat in turn until you have them fully mastered.
PADI Open Water Diver course open water dives:
Once the skills and theory have been mastered, you are ready to take your first of four open water dives. It is here that you will truly appreciate the value of being able to discover life under the sea. Each dive will increase in depth, ensuring you build your confidence with every dive you do.
Through our PADI Instructors passionate teaching and the friendly atmosphere at the dive center, we can ensure you will have the best diving experience where every student gets personal attention. With good visibility, very little underwater current and over 300 days of sunshine a year, the Maltese waters are the perfect place to learn to dive and so is Seashell Dive Center.
Day 1 - training and theory
The morning begins by learning the basics of diving theory, then, after a break for lunch we start the confined water training in the afternoon, teaching you some basic skills in the bay.
Day 2 - 2 open water dives
After getting the grips with the theory, equipment and basic skills, you are now ready to take your first two dives in the morning. You will then have the afternoon free to relax at your hotel and relive the excitement of your first diving experience.
Day 3 - 2 open water dives
Now your confidence has been boosted from the previous days diving experience, you will do two more dives at new and exciting dive sites. In the afternoon you will sit an exam to ensure you have mastered the theory of diving and the all important safety aspects involved.
PADI Open Water course minimum requirements:
- No previous experience necessary
- To be in reasonable health (take a look at the standard Medical form. To those who answer "yes" to any of the listed questions, have any known medical conditions or above 65 years of age: please ensure you have a signed doctors certificate with you upon arrival to confirm that you are fit to dive)
- PADI Minimum age is 10 years (Junior Open Water Diver)
- Under 18s must have parental consent
- All necessary equipment
- Instructor tuition (available in various languages)
- Return transport to and from your accommodation in Cirkewwa, Ramla Bay, Mellieha, Xemxija, St. Paul's Bay, Bugibba, Qawra areas
- Road transport to the dive sites and back
- PADI Open Water certification
- PADI E-Learning (*PADI Open Water Manual is only required for classroom based method of theory training)
- High-quality diving Log book
How to book:
- Decide on the theory training method (PADI learning online or in classroom)
- Enquire availability via email and fix a date
- Pay deposit online
This course can also be booked as a LEARN TO DIVE HOLIDAY