If you are looking to embark on a career in diving then this is the first step in the right direction! This is one of the longest courses PADI has to offer and the training and knowledge development is extensive, therefore you will need a good few weeks to complete this course to ensure your certifying instructor is happy and confident that you will make an excellent Divemaster.
As a Divemaster you will learn how to manage divers in a group, help instructors conduct courses and be a role model for less experienced divers. You will learn to solve common diving problems and supervise at a professional level, grasping the technique of looking after new divers who don’t have much confidence in the water but also giving fun and enjoyable dives for more experienced divers. The PADI Divemaster course teaches you to be a leader and take charge of dive activities. Through knowledge development sessions, skill exercises, workshops and hands-on practical assessments you will develop the skills you need to organize and direct a variety of scuba diving activities.
The theory aspect of the Divemaster program takes you into more advanced diving knowledge, where you learn about physics, physiology, equipment, role model behavior, skills and environment. You can also study your theory part online by logging into the PADI website.
The Divemaster program is split up into these sections:
- The role and characteristics of the PADI Dive master
- Supervising dive activities and assisting with student divers
- Diver safety and risk management
- Divemaster conducted programs and specialized skills
- Business of diving and your career
- Awareness of the dive environment
- Dive setup and management
- Mapping an open water site
- Conducting dive briefings
- Organizing a search and recovery project and a deep dive
- Conducting a scuba review and skin diver course
- Assisting with Discover Scuba Diving and leading Discover Local Diving programs
At the end of your Divemaster program you will sit a final exam to ensure you have understood the most important areas of the course.
There are two ways to take the Divemaster program:
- As a course where you pay for your tuition and get trained over a period of 3-4 weeks
- As an Internship where you do not pay for your training but work for your qualification at Seashell Dive Centre over a period of 3,5 to 4 months where a lot of experience can be gained.
This is a fun and exciting experience with the opportunity for learning, diving and meeting lots of new people. So if you are planning on taking up scuba diving as a career, contact Seashell Dive Centre for more information on when you can take this course.
Availability: April to October
Minimum requirements (as a course):
- Qualified up to PADI Rescue Diver
- Own diving equipment*
- Have a signed “Fit to Dive” medical form from your physician
- Have at least 40 logged dives
- To be in good health
- Minimum age of 18 years
* Equipment can be hired from Seashell, contact to obtain details
How to book:
- Decide on training method (intern or course)
- Enquire availability via email and fix a date
- Course? Pay deposit online