Try diving for beginners
PADI Discover Scuba Diving experience is the first and most basic PADI course on offer and is the most popular way to start your scuba diving journey. This diving course is a fun and relaxing way of introducing yourself to the magnificent underwater world and absolutely no prior experience is necessary!
This PADI course consists of 3 elements:
- Firstly you will take part in a fun 30 minute PADI theory session where your friendly and professional diving instructor will take you through the basic elements of scuba equipment, breathing underwater and underwater communication. Following this you will have to answer a set of 10 questions to ensure you have understood everything you need to know (don’t worry, our professional staff are always on hand to help with any queries you have).
- Once you have mastered the basic PADI theory, you are ready to get your equipment on and jump in the bay, where your instructor will teach you some basic scuba diving skills such as clearing water from your regulator, retrieving a lost regulator and clearing water from your mask.
- Having completed your skills and theory it is now time for you to board our custom made boat (weather permitting) and travel to a nearby reef where you will have a tremendous open water dive around the colorful coastline of Malta. Look out for rays, octopus, silver bream, cuttlefish, moray eels, parrot fish, rainbow wrasse and many more varieties of marine life!
For those who become really hooked and want to take their dive training further, the PADI Scuba Diver course or the PADI Open Water course would be the perfect next step. If you chose to continue your scuba diving training with either one of these two courses, the PADI Discover Scuba Diving course will be given free of charge.
So bring your friends, neighbors, colleagues, children, parents and even adventurous grandparents to treat someone you love to this fascinating, life changing activity!
- No previous scuba diving experience necessary
- To be in reasonable health (take a look at the standard Medical form. To those who answer "yes" to any of the listed questions, have any known medical conditions or above 65 years of age: please ensure you have a signed doctors certificate with you upon arrival to confirm that you are fit to dive)
- Confident swimmer`s skills
- Minimum age of 10 years
- Under 18s must have parental consent
- All necessary equipment hire
- PADI Instructor tuition & support throughout the session
- Transport from and to your local accommodation (in Mellieha, Ramla, Cirkewwa areas)
- Road or boat transport to the dive site and back
- PADI Limited online certification
Availability: Monday - Saturday (November - April the programme is done from the shore).
Duration: 3-4 hours
How to book:
- Enquire availability via email and fix a date
- Pay deposit online