Pay close attention to this Discover Scuba Diving course, that allows you to understand what scuba diving is all about and only takes 3-4 hours to complete!
Anyone is welcome to participate in this introductory diving course with no previous diving experience or owned scuba equipment required. All the knowledge and diving equipment you will require will be provided by our diving school.
This course is both a fantastic individual or family diving experience with all group sizes and ages 10+
This PADI course consists of three main components:
* Theory: initially you will engage in an approximately 30-minute diving theory session with one of our friendly and knowledgeable PADI professionals.
* Training dive: after mastering basic PADI theory, you will participate in a confined training dive in the gorgeous Mellieha Bay. Here you will learn how it is to breathe underwater and practice four key scuba diving skills.
* Pleasure dive: once you are able to confidently, safely and reliably complete these diving skills, it is time for the real fun to begin! Following a short thrilling ride through the picturesque Mellieha Bay in our diving boat (weather permitting), you will find yourself in the crystal clear azure waters of the Mediterranean, underneath the stunning vistas of the North-East Maltese coastline. It is here that you will engage in a truly pleasurable discovery dive (limited to 12 metres depth) under the acute supervision of our Instructors. Keep an eye out for rays, octopus, silver bream, cuttlefish, moray eels, parrotfish, rainbow wrasse and many more varieties of marine life!
For those who become really hooked and want to take their dive training further, the PADI Scuba Diver course or the PADI Open Water course would be the perfect next step. If you chose to continue your scuba diving training with either one of these two courses, the PADI Discover Scuba Diving course will be given free of charge by us.
So bring your friends, neighbours, colleagues, children, parents, new romances and even adventurous grandparents to treat someone you love to this fascinating, life-changing activity!
- No previous scuba diving experience necessary
- To be in reasonable health
- Confident swimmer`s skills
- Minimum age of 10 years
- Under 18s must have parental consent
- All necessary equipment hire
- PADI Instructor tuition
- Transport from and to your local accommodation (Mellieha, Ramla, Cirkewwa areas)
- Road or boat transport to the dive site and back
- PADI Limited online certification
Monday - Saturday (November - April the programme is done from the shore)